Wednesday, October 26, 2016

How Students Learn Best

Personally, I never really changed when it came to learning. I always learned best when I had a visual representation and a group to discuss it with. For some reason, when I did not have a visual understanding of what I was learning, I could not commit that information to memory. I have found this to have both positives and negatives. The positives are that you can visualize the lesson in your head when it comes to tests or quizzes. The negative is that not all lessons can be visually represented, like books for instance.

As a teacher I think I will be more aware of the different learning styles and be able to accommodate them a little more. I enjoy making visual representations, so that part will hopefully come easy to me.

As humans, we are taught that rewards are for the better. I do believe that most humans need a reward as motivation. That reward can be a physical or even mental reward. As a teacher, I want to instill educational rewards, such as a prize box for students that complete their homework. This will keep students on track and motivated to learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment